UDIK and ROSA hold Commemorative Actions for Victism of Vukovar23. November 2014 - 10:06 — Dejan Georgievski
The Association for Social Research and Communications UDIK from Sarajevo and the Centre for Women Victims of War ROSA from Zagreb, organized actions in front of Sarajevo Cathedral on November 17 and on the Ban Jelačić Square in Zagreb on November 18, respectively, to mark the 23rd anniversary of the suffering of victims of crimes in Vukovar.
The activists of the two organisations held banners “Justice for all women raped in the war", “Pay respect to the victims” and “Nationalism kills”. This year's commemorative actions were dedicated to the victims of rape in Vukovar who have lived, for more than two decades, without any support from the state, with the aim to raise public awareness about their status and position in society.
“With this action, we demand that the state recognizes the legal status of the persons that lived through sexual assault and rape in the war, including the recognition by the state of its responsibility to secure funds to compensate the rape victims from the State Budget of Croatia", Nela Pamuković, activist of the ROSA Centre, said to Fena Agency in a statement carried by Avaz.ba, the online extension of the "Dnevni avaz" daily.
On November 19, UDIK's activists visited Vukovar to pay respect to the victims at the mass grave in Ovčara. (Izvor: Avaz.ba/UDIK)
- The government and the Association of Internet Providers block access to websites in Ecuador
- Ending digital exclusion: Why the access divide persists and how to close it
- Joint statement to Brazilian congress: Drop dangerous cybercrime bills
- APC's reflections on the 2015 Internet Governance Forum: 10 years and looking forward
- APC condemns undermining of democracy in Brazil
- Dan vidljivosti transrodnih osoba
- Vlasti peru ruke od ženskih problema
- Neka nam živi 8. mart!
- Hollaback BiH: Dosta nasilja!
- Beyoncé, “Beyoncé” i ja