Petition for Mostar Free of Fascism4. November 2013 - 20:32 — Dejan Georgievski
The Anti-Fascist Action Mostar, OKC Abrašević and the Union of Anti-Fascists and Fighters of National Liberation War of Mostar, launched the online petition "For Mostar Free of Fascism", demanding from the local authorities to change the names of the streets named after fascists and war criminals, reconstruction and protection for cultural and historical monument "Partisan Memorial Cemetery", restore the Plaque dedicated to professors and students at the Old Highschool in Mostar, and raise a monument to all civilian victims of 20th Century wars in front of Mostar City Hall.
“Citizens of Mostar, our city and all of us living here, we are all held hostage by policies of extreme nationalism which made Mostar globally recognisable as one of the last refuges of fascism, incubator for extreme racist and xenophobic ideas", states the text of the petition.
The organizers believe that some of the people responsible for the functioning of the city, creation of ambience for life and work of its citizens, is not prepared to deal with the ghosts of the shameful, war-mongering past and want to remind powers that be that anti-fascism is a fundamental European value and that Europe Day is celebrated on the Day of Victory over Fascism. The interested citizens can sign the petition on this link.
Anti-Fascist Action Mostar, in cooperation with OKC Abrašević and the Union of Antifascists and Fighters of National Liberation War organize, on Friday, November 8, at 12:00 hours, a protest gathering in front of Mostar City Hall. In the gathering, held under the same motto - For Mostar Free of Fascism – the organisations intend to repeat the demands presented in the online petition. (Source: Abrašmedia.info)
- The government and the Association of Internet Providers block access to websites in Ecuador
- Ending digital exclusion: Why the access divide persists and how to close it
- Joint statement to Brazilian congress: Drop dangerous cybercrime bills
- APC's reflections on the 2015 Internet Governance Forum: 10 years and looking forward
- APC condemns undermining of democracy in Brazil
- Dan vidljivosti transrodnih osoba
- Vlasti peru ruke od ženskih problema
- Neka nam živi 8. mart!
- Hollaback BiH: Dosta nasilja!
- Beyoncé, “Beyoncé” i ja