Forum on Youth Participation held in Shkodër27. July 2012 - 9:25 — Dejan Georgievski
The European Movement in Albania (EMA) organized, on July 20, 2020 at the European Info Centre in Shkodër, a televised forum that debated the topic of “Strengthening Youth’s Participatory Democracy”, as part of a series of activities that should lead to increased youth engagement and participation in local decision-making processes.
The forum, moderated by Emi Kalaja, journalist of local broadcaster Rozafa TV, brought together university and high-school students and representatives of the Young Intellectuals’ Hope NGO and the Shkodër branch of the Youth Parliament of Albania.
In his opening remarks, EMA Executive Director Gledis Gjipali gave a brief presentation of EMA’s work and contributions in the area of youth participation in Albania. Blerta Hoxha, researcher at EMA, gave a short presentation on the process and the role of decision-making processes in local government.
In the following debate, the students and the representatives of the local non-governmental organizations presented their experiences and strived to analyse and elaborate different channels that young people can pursue in order to become part of the decision making process in local and central government.
It is worth noting that, in spite of the general tone of desperation that fell over the debate, there were several positive examples, most of them coming from the students involved in the internship programme in the Municipality of Shkodër, that helped enhance the optimism of the participants and the audience.
The forum was organized in cooperation with the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the Euriopean Info Centre in Shkodër. (Source: European Movement in Albania)
- The government and the Association of Internet Providers block access to websites in Ecuador
- Ending digital exclusion: Why the access divide persists and how to close it
- Joint statement to Brazilian congress: Drop dangerous cybercrime bills
- APC's reflections on the 2015 Internet Governance Forum: 10 years and looking forward
- APC condemns undermining of democracy in Brazil
- Dan vidljivosti transrodnih osoba
- Vlasti peru ruke od ženskih problema
- Neka nam živi 8. mart!
- Hollaback BiH: Dosta nasilja!
- Beyoncé, “Beyoncé” i ja