ENGAGE Conference for Social Media and Activism in Macedonia20. February 2012 - 13:43 — Dejan Georgievski
The ENGAGE Conference will focus on the positive experiences from renowned activists from Macedonia and the region which use Internet as a platform for civic mobilization. ENGAGE is focused on interaction and discussion with the present guests with a common goal – to protect and promote the freedom of the Internet and public space.
ENGAGE will also feature the Macedonian premiere of The Real Social Network, a movie dedicated to the student protests in London in 2011 and the use of digital communications to organize them.
With 15 speakers, 10 performers, 200 guests, audio and video streaming and free wireless internet access for all participants, ENGAGE will present a virtual and physical gathering of the online community in Macedonia.
Through ENGAGE, Radio MOF aims to raise the level of awareness among citizens, their presence and active participation in the sphere of social media as well as physical space. Radio MOF will enable a live video steam on its web page on the day of the conference.
- APC welcomes decision to appoint Special Rapporteur on Privacy
- Call on the government of South Africa to support the creation of a UN Special Rapporteur on the right to privacy
- Call for tenders: Mid-term review of the outcomes of APC's implementation of 2013-2016 Strategic Plan
- New publication: Building access to justice, health care and social rehabilitation for survivors in the Republic of Congo
- RightsCon Southeast Asia happening 24-25 March in Manila, Philippines