ENGAGE Conference for Social Media and Activism in Macedonia20. February 2012 - 13:43 — Dejan Georgievski
The ENGAGE Conference will focus on the positive experiences from renowned activists from Macedonia and the region which use Internet as a platform for civic mobilization. ENGAGE is focused on interaction and discussion with the present guests with a common goal – to protect and promote the freedom of the Internet and public space.
ENGAGE will also feature the Macedonian premiere of The Real Social Network, a movie dedicated to the student protests in London in 2011 and the use of digital communications to organize them.
With 15 speakers, 10 performers, 200 guests, audio and video streaming and free wireless internet access for all participants, ENGAGE will present a virtual and physical gathering of the online community in Macedonia.
Through ENGAGE, Radio MOF aims to raise the level of awareness among citizens, their presence and active participation in the sphere of social media as well as physical space. Radio MOF will enable a live video steam on its web page on the day of the conference.
- Latin American civil society experts discuss media concentration and digital convergence in Montevideo
- Take Back the Tech! campaign finalist in the 2016 Womanity Award for the Prevention of Violence Against Women
- Pakistan: Call for clarity on terms of lifting of YouTube ban
- Exploring technology-related violence against women in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Kenya
- Moez Chakchouk at Arab IGF 2015: “People need to know that their rights are protected online”