CSO Initiative Releases New Video Promoting Tolerance in Croatia8. July 2014 - 9:11 — Dejan Georgievski
The initiative „All of Us – For Croatia that Belongs to All of Us“, presented last Friday, July 4, 2014, at the Croatian Journalists’ Association, a video ad that warns about unacceptable hatred and intolerance towards members of ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities in Croatia.
The video presents the interethnic (in)tolerance in a game of football played in a school playground, in which the children playing are labeled with prevalent ethnic and religious stereotypes.
“Xenophobic views of Serbs and Roma are part of everyday life”, warns the Initiative that gathers a great number of civic initiatives and organization the promote the rights of all individuals and social groups, with emphasis on the rights of national minorities in Croatia.
The video was directed by Andreja Korovljev, and the graphic design solutions were prepared by Barbara Blasin. The young actors from the Children Drama Studio of the Zagreb Youth Theatre participated in the video.
The “All of Us” initiative was launched on November 9, 2013, the International Day of Fight against Fascism, Anti-Semitism and Xenophobia, which commemorates the horrible events during the “Kristallnacht” pogrom in November 1938.
The video is available for viewing on GONG's channel on YouTube. (Source: H-alter/GONG)
- The government and the Association of Internet Providers block access to websites in Ecuador
- Ending digital exclusion: Why the access divide persists and how to close it
- Joint statement to Brazilian congress: Drop dangerous cybercrime bills
- APC's reflections on the 2015 Internet Governance Forum: 10 years and looking forward
- APC condemns undermining of democracy in Brazil
- Dan vidljivosti transrodnih osoba
- Vlasti peru ruke od ženskih problema
- Neka nam živi 8. mart!
- Hollaback BiH: Dosta nasilja!
- Beyoncé, “Beyoncé” i ja